Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The decisions made this session will impact my children, my grandchildren and future generations of Alaskans

Deborh Brollini
Public Testimony: Alaska Special Committee on TAPS Throughput
January 29, 2013

Thank you for the opportunity to testify this evening. My name is Deborah Brollini. I am a 37-year Alaskan and I am testifying on behalf of myself, and my children Lyndsey and Van. I first would like to thank Senate leadership, and those of you on this committee for putting your lives on hold to take on the monumental task of making difficult decisions this legislative session. The decisions made this session will impact my children, my grandchildren and future generations of Alaskans.

I am personally not married to the governor’s oil tax reform bill. I think it is a starting point, and an opportunity for the bill to be vetted by the public, and improved upon to move Alaska forward. I would request that you do your due diligence and do what is best for Alaska. 710,000 Alaskans livelihoods are at stake, and the time is now to act. I am survivor of the Alaska economic crash of 1986 where I was laid off from ARCO, spent five years foreclosing on homes and watched half my friends leave the state.

I believe Alaska’s future is bright, the opportunities are vast, and we can achieve it all if we think long-term, work together, and put Alaska first. Thank you.