Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Organizing" for Alaska

Deborah Brollini
Alaska Energy Dudes and Divas

So what do you do when you get everything that you ever wanted? No one prepares you for your dreams coming true. Ask Phillip Phillips when he won American Idol. Deborah when hearing “Home” on the radio after the election pulls off on a side of the road and cries. I got everything I wanted for my children. My hard work and the dreams for my children were realized on November 6, 2012.

What most folks do not know is that I played a role in the organizing of Alaska’s Senate, and that “organizing” has been strategic, and has been ongoing since the end of session. Senator Lesil McGuire reached out to me not only as a friend and constituent, but because of my outreach efforts and that I have the pulse of the public and rural Alaska. The Senate needed to represent all Alaska, and those in chairmanships needed to understand that this is not about rural vs. urban Alaska; we are all Alaskans. Alaskans can be proud of our state senate who will work for all Alaskans regardless of party.

I fought hard for Alaska in 2012, and the fight has always been about my children's future. Alaskans won big on November 6th, and we have so much to look forward to. Cheers